WordPress test setup done

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Jan 8 19:13:17 PST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 01/09/04
> 01:40:
> > For now, I would rather see a proper effort at getting the wiki to be
> > effective (I know this doesn't involve you folks directly) by getting
> > some designated volunteers to assure certain types of information from
> > other sources (mostly the lists) appear on the wiki. Untill the wiki is
> > consedered to be effectively used and accepted, I would not like to see
> > yet another channel come on-line.
>
> For what it's worth, I think that comments may prove more successful
> then the Wiki. The Wiki isn't a natural place to look for information
> and is also badly integrated with the site. For now, it's mainly used as
> a blackboard, which is of course a good function for a Wiki. It could be
> much more, including taking over the entire website (heh; how's that for
> a CMS, eh? The Freedesktop crowd uses it very nicely like that:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/)

There were *supposed* to be several good and natural uses for it. The
ones I find most attractive are dev of docs, sucha as I did, and,
potentially even more beneficial, is the "errata" and on-going notes
about various chapters and packages.

As to use as a website, to each their own. I am quite enamored of what
we have now and from what I've seen of the wiki, it would be slower and
less beneficial to a substantial part of our audience, as a website.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational