WordPress test setup done

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Jan 8 05:10:06 PST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>
> > Go to http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/wordpress/wp-register.php and
> > register, navigate, test... Post privileges are enabled after admin
> > aprovation.
>
> Registered just for the heck of it... The fonts used in the WordPress
> forms are not terribly attractive, but I know that's not important right
> now :-)

Ditto, ditto. I presume Jeroen will work his magic and make it actually
attractive in the end.

> I like the possibility of comments being entered for news items, that

I'm undecided about this one. Consider: wiki. Been there for a long
time, doesn't get the attention/activity that the implementors
envisioned. And that was *intended* for development, comments, ... The
wordpress is intended, I guess, primarily as a tool to ease the
website's maintenenace of news items. Do we really *need* the ability to
comment on posted news? If so, will it now mean we have to search *and*
monitor the lists *and* look at news to keep current?

Considering that some (most?) folks don't make effective use of the
*two* locs we now have, is a third going to be better?

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational