Search engine rewrite, 1st stage: needs server-side configuration

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 7 11:24:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:44, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Possibly, the swish.tmpl wil go on CVS, and the update-search-engine.sh
> will fetch a copy of it on every run. But, for now, just these lines
> are necessary. Ah, don't forget to "chmod g+w -R" the search dir.

Contents of update-search-engine.sh:

#!/bin/bash

SEARCH_DIR=/home/httpd/search.linuxfromscratch.org

cd $SEARCH_DIR
swish-e -c /etc/swish.conf

chown httpd.lfswww -R $SEARCH_DIR
chmod g+w -R $SEARCH_DIR

This will run as user 'httpd' as per usual (httpd is part of lfswww
group now so the chown won't fail).

If anything seems amiss let me know and I'll fix it up before it's
schedules to run again (at 12:30 AM MST/GTM -7)

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org