Search engine rewrite, 1st stage: needs server-side configuration

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 7 10:19:07 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 15:41, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
new software installed.

> Modify /usr/bin/update-search-engine.sh
> 1) Remove the following lines:
>
> ln -sf offline.html index.html
> ln -sf search.html index.html

Well, I made a booboo and I accidentally removed the
update-search-engine.sh script instead of editing it. I don't have a
recent backup copy either so I'll have to write one from scratch, it's
not that complicated either.

> 2) Change the following line:
>
> swish-e -c /etc/swish.conf -S fs -l

> swish-e -c /etc/swish.conf

I think "swish-e -c /etc/swish.conf" is the only command that needs to
be run now there's no need to go offline, index, back online, etc.

We should also have lines added like "chown httpd.lfswww -R
/home/httpd/search.linuxfromscratch.org"

I haven't recreated the update script yet, but let me know what it needs
to contain to work best for you guys, other than the two above commands.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org