[Fwd: Output of fcron job: 'update-website.sh']

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 7 08:12:32 PST 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 01/07/04 14:05:
> >
> > mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory
> > Try `mv --help' for more information.
> > ln: creating symbolic link `style/screen.css' to `2columns.css': No
such file or directory

> Apparantly this was caused by Greg's attempt to run update-website.sh.

I also was having the same problems Greg mentioned. I didn't run
update-website.sh for weeks, so I didn't note this problem until now.
Greg has the proper permissions to run the script, so it is(was) some
problem on the script.

> Not sure what exactly caused it; I suspect that the contents of the
site
> were removed but because of the above error, new content wasn't copied
> into the site (thus leaving behind an empty site).

Actually, the errors above occured _after_ the site was emptied. The
"when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory" message
shows that the /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/ was removed, and
this can only be done by the onwer of the dir (gerard at that time) or
by root. So, Greg, you're inocent ;)

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org