CMS - what about wordpress?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 6 14:19:54 PST 2004

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 01/06/04 20:37:
> Now, back to WordPress: I suggest we install a test/pre-release
> environment (like we did for the website) to see how could this CMS
> make our lives better, and to get the LFS community opinions about the
> new features. As I said, this CMS is not intrusive and (hopefully) will
> be easy to implement, so we could start the implementation Real Soon
> Now.

Glad you like it. It's really easy to install and we already have
everything on the server to use it (MySQL, PHP). My only concern would
be the mirrorability of pages, especially if we enable comments. (and I
think comments it would add real value to the site). We also need to
keep URL compatibility in mind.

Setting up the test environment: this should be as simple as untarring
the package and pointing the browser to wp-admin/install-config.php and
  wp-admin/install.php. This will generate the database and a password
for admin. The readme.html in the tarball explains this pretty well.

Anderson, how would you like to proceed? If you want I'll let you setup
the test environment; you're more knowledgable in this area. You'll
probably need to coordinate with Gerard on this. Oh, feel free to use
the test.lfs.org domain.

FAQ and Website Maintainer