New Website Design

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Sun Dec 12 12:09:47 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>On Sunday 12 December 2004 14:41, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>

>>Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>>

>>>Complementing Jeroen's response: although google has indexed most of our
>>>mailing list archives, we are able to search on it only on a per-domain
>>>basis, not on a per list-basis as we do with swish-e.
>>>

>>And gmane.org has mirrors of nearly all our lists, searchable
>>individually or in groups.
>>

>this seems a good replacement (aside the sometimes annoying Google adds). Do
>you know which mailing lists are not yet archived on this system?

Interestingly, they make their search engine available under the GNU GPL

http://gmane.org/we/

" This search engine is a spin-off from the Gmane <http://gmane.org/>
project. Various general search engines were tested and discarded. There
are many excellent free search engines available, but none of them seem
to be well suited for indexing tens of millions of documents in a speedy
manner."

--
Jeremy Huntwork