Resigning [was: Website Proposal [Was TWiki status]

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 9 08:40:11 PST 2004

Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 09-12-2004 13:13:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>> Anyway, effective immediately (and not without some pain), I'll resign
>> from the website team and from the FAQ. I'd have been happy to work
>> out a manageable solution if I'd been given the time, but it seems I'm
>> surpassed, so it's time to pass the torch on. Like I said, I simply
>> lack the time to invest in other solutions, other then what we've
>> already put forward.
>
> Jeroen, I certainly did not intend for this. I would have been happy
> just to see you become more active again. I respect you a lot for the
> work that you have done and the hours you have devoted to the LFS
> community.  I definitely think *something* needed to be done, because
> website development has been stagnating, but it didn't have to mean your
> abandoning the project completely.

I know, it's my choice (even though some people hinted at it, more or
less subtly). I'd like to become more active, but I just can't now,
there's too many things going on in my life and I just can't find the
time which the website deserves. Besides, as I mentioned on my blog, I'm
not at all involved in LFS now, so I don't think I'm the right guy to
lead this anymore. I'm not going away completely, I'll probably lurk around.

> Jeroen, I *do* want you in this place. It always pains me to see someone
> with talent and a love for LFS leave the project. Even if you feel as
> Kevin did, that you no longer have the time to do justice to the role of
> Website and FAQ leader, could you not stay on as a contributor or Team
> Member?  I'm very sorry if my post offended you. It was not meant that
> way. There are many things I see that need improved on the website
> front, and I was anxious to see them acted upon.

Rest assured I wasn't offended by your post in any way. I'm not sure if
I can stay on as team member; most likely I won't have time to do
anything substantial. And if I did have enough time, I'd want to do the
whole thing myself (and my way) anyway! :-)

I trust that someone with vision and dedication will step forward to
become the new website leader.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans