Website Proposal [Was TWiki status]

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 8 13:25:37 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:37:47PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> As with the book rendering though, this means if we lose the website,
> we'd have to re-render each book so that the HTML and patches are made
> available again, as they wouldn't be in the svnwww repository itself.

Not really. When you render the book, and then make the tarballs, just
keep a backup of the tarball. Then have a makefile target for backup
that checks out a new website copy, extract the tarballs to their needed
location, and run only the part of the render that looks for the patches
and creates the links.

--
Archaic

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are
arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.

- H. L. Mencken