Website Proposal [Was TWiki status]

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 8 12:37:47 PST 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Archaic wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 07:20:22PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>>
>>> I still can't get my head around quite how we'd get the patches into
>>> the right locations at the moment, so that'll have to wait - unless
>>> others here can see the bleeding obvious solution!
>>

>> Last time I checked, subversion was working towards symlink capabilites.
>> Any news on that front?

<snipped potentially over-engineered solution>

A much simpler (I think) solution to patches integration is to do what
we do currently (at least for LFS).  That is, the render-lfs-book.sh
script would, having rendered the book, run the sources through an XSLT
procedure which would find all the patches and copy/symlink them to
their canonical location (under www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/).
Such a script already exists in the LFS svn repository, and customising
that to the needs of the other books shouldn't be too onerous (he says,
crossing fingers!).

As with the book rendering though, this means if we lose the website,
we'd have to re-render each book so that the HTML and patches are made
available again, as they wouldn't be in the svnwww repository itself.

Regards,

Matt.