Website Proposal [Was TWiki status]

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 8 12:25:42 PST 2004

Archaic wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 07:20:22PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>>I still can't get my head around quite how we'd get the patches into the
>>right locations at the moment, so that'll have to wait - unless others
>>here can see the bleeding obvious solution!
>

> Last time I checked, subversion was working towards symlink capabilites.
> Any news on that front?

Yes, it's supported as of 1.1.0 I believe.  I don't know much about svn
externals, but I think a combination of that and symlinks will allow us
to not have to keep a copy of the patches in the website directory.

This is what I'm thinking:

svnwww/ (website repo top-level)
   trunk/
     lfs/
       patches/
         unstable/
           symlinks to patches in svnwww/patches
         testing/
           symlinks to patches in svnwww/patches
         6.0/
           symlinks to patches in svnwwww/patches
     blfs/
       5.1.1/
         symlinks to patches in svnwww/patches
     patches/
       (this is an svn external to the patches repository)

Does that look about right taking
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s03.html into account?

Regards,

Matt.