Website Proposal [Was TWiki status]

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Dec 8 09:53:14 PST 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>> It still needs to be fleshed out and to have a few features added.
>> But I'm putting this forward publicly to allow anyone who wishes to
>> comment.  I'm bringing it up only as an *option* - I fully respect
>> everyone's current postition and right to an opinion in this regard,
>> so, personally, no feelings on the line ;)
>

> I do like the look and feel of this site, but then I also like the
> look and feel of the current site :-)

I was never really fond of the look and feel of the current site.
There's too many links on each page, which leads to a cluttered look,
IMHO, plus adding to administrative task.  JH's site is nice and clean,
and looks very good.

> What really matters is whether this method will provide easier
> maintenance, fewer rendering problems, etc. Only the website team can
> speak to that.

Most of the problems we've seen from the current website is when the
rendering script malfunctions for whatever reason.  To me, any site that
needs a daily script run on it to appear properly is handled the wrong way.

-J-