several questions

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 8 09:17:15 PST 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> I'm not ready to retire yet... I still want to succesfully deploy a
> decent CMS for the website so nobody has to ever go through the pain of
> adjusting dozens of relative links in those pesky html files! :)

And we'd like to see that too :-)

Having just gone through the pain of deciding to relinquish my own team
leadership position, I can speak from personal experience: when your
sub-project has not really progressed for 3 or 4 months (or longer),
it's time to take a hard look at what you can actually accomplish and
what you cannot. In my case, Jeremy stepped up to take over the ALFS
team, and things are moving again (yay!).

I agree very much that the LFS project needs a more manageable website
infrastructure, but I don't see that happening when the only active team
members have very little time to put into the project.

(just my two cents, convert to your local currency as required)