several questions

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Dec 8 08:46:26 PST 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Archaic said the following on 06-12-2004 13:42:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 08:05:57AM +0100, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry you have to go through this. If you need any help please
>>> notify me, although I cannot guarantee a timely response. I hope you
>>> do realize that because of the current maintainability issues we're
>>> trying to push a CMS-based system.
>>

>> What about SSI's to generate all the headers, footers, and gennav stuff?
>

> Sorry, I completely lack the time to do anything substantial about
> this. SSI is a possibility, but it's not a content management solution
> (although it would make the HTML more manageable). I didn't start out
> with SSI because I couldn't test pages like that. Also, it would
> require us to change the mirror requirements again.

Jeroen - I think I speak for everyone when I say that the lead of any of
the LFS Subprojects, including the website, should be someone who's
active in the community, and has the ability to devote the time
necessary.  We all know that sometimes real life gets in the way, but if
you can safely say this, then I certainly feel the time may have come
for you to turn over the administration of the website to someone who
can actually devote the time needed to the project.

Jeremy