several questions

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 5 23:05:57 PST 2004

Archaic said the following on 05-12-2004 09:39:
> I'm trying to figure out some stuff, so please bear with me.
>
> 1) Why is the valid html png named xhtml-1.1.png when the doctype is
>    xhtml1.0 and the png itself says xhtml 1.0? (Along with that, why do
>    some links for this png have alt text saying 1.1?)

It's a leftover from when I tried to use XHTML-1.1 and faced endless
browser incompatibilities and annoyances.

> 2) Why is lfs-template in trunk/lfs when blfs-template is in
>    trunk/templates/blfs?

Leftover from previous shufflings.

> 3) Why do the news-bottom templates put the footer division before the
>    general navigation division unlike all the other templates I've
>    looked at?

I didn't even realize this until you mentioned it!

> 4) Can someone run tidy on the entire repository? The config from the
>    LFS book produces some nice looking code. Here's the config:

<snip>

I'd rather not, since the current code is known to work (with quirks,
alas). If you only want tidy because it makes the HTML more readable,
would it suffice if you run it locally?

> These all may seem trivial things, but since I'm not here to create, but
> rather re-create the form and function of the other pages, it is rather
> hard to do. I was hoping to be able to compare LFS and BLFS pages with
> diff so as to quickly find what I must change in my stuff. This is
> proving a difficult chore. Also, the location and naming of files, in some
> situations, is less than standardized.
>
> As far as tidy, I use vim and it makes it much easier to read and
> follow.
>
> Thanks for your considerations. I'll keep ploughing through.

Sorry you have to go through this. If you need any help please notify
me, although I cannot guarantee a timely response. I hope you do realize
that because of the current maintainability issues we're trying to push
a CMS-based system.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans