ownership of test.linuxfromscratch.org

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 10 15:09:38 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 17:16, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> The files are all owned by user httpd -- is this acceptable or do you
> guys want it owned by one of you? Might make it easier if you ever have
> to change permissions (like the .htpasswd file(s) and such.

Actually, only the twiki/{data,pub} dirs are owned by httpd. I've put some
lines on fixperms.sh to force this ownership because these files need to be
writable by the user Apache is running on. Additionally I've kept them
"lfswww" writable so we can still modify them. ".htpasswd" also needs to be
writable by httpd, so TWiki's register script can add new accounts there.

That was the way I found to match this requirement. If you guys have a better
idea...

I think changing .htpasswd permissions to 660 is good enough, what do you
think?
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org