[PROPOSAL] TWiki and mirroring

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 8 15:53:24 PDT 2004

On Sunday 08 August 2004 18:02, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > Jeremy, this command is not working as expected :/. It creates a
> > "www.linuxfromscratch.org" directory on the mirror instead of its
> > contents directly. Changing /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org
> > to /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/* seems to work, but then hidden
> > files (like .htaccess) are not synced.
>
> I believe you can just add the trailing slash, not the star, to achieve
> what you want. rsync will then interpret that as meaning that you want
> to sync the contents of that path instead of the path itself.

This worked indeed, thanks!

I wonder if this behaviour (treating directories diferently according to the
trailing slash presence or not) is a rsync-specific feature? At least "cp -a"
does the same thing don't matter I put the trailing slash or not (i.e. it
always copies the dir instead of its contents).

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org