New update-website.mk script commited

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 7 21:53:22 PDT 2004

On Saturday 07 August 2004 23:45, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 23:19 -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > After we confirm the rsyncing is working, we can enable the post-commit
> > hook (but still using the TARGETDIR on test.linuxfromscratch.org). If
> > it's working OK, we backup the current site and copy the tree from
> > test.linuxfromscratch.org to the definitive location , so the migration
> > will be almostly atomic to the visitors.
>
> Wait a sec... I'm confused here.  I thought we were focusing on getting
> the current site rsynced - I didn't think you were working on the
> test.lfs.org syncs.
>
> Care to clarify for me?  What's this about moving
> test.linuxfromscratch.org over?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant just the rsync-test dir I'll create
on /home/httpd/test.linuxfromscratch.org/rsync-test, not the twiki-related
data.

> I'm ready to help in any way you need, but I think I need to better
> understand the path we're taking here. ;)

Okay, can you look for a way to validate the HMTL code at commit-time? I was
thinking about sending a mail to the list with the xmllint output if it exits
with a non-zero status. This should be done on the post-commit script IMHO,
so a possibly buggy HTML code on news items is also detected, as news items
are only processed on this stage.

Also, I'd like to see the list of files being rsync'ed to your server (as soon
as I setup the rsync-test site), so we can detect files that should not be
mirrored and add them to the exclude list.

Thanks,
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org