Europe - Lancaster, Canterbury, Reading UK link broken

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Aug 6 17:28:08 PDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 14:22 +0100, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> > And has been for a while.
> >
> > Hope I'm reporting it in the right place.
> >
> > If it's been noticed and is in hand, please excuse me.
>
> Thanks for the report.  I've commented out that link for now, if and
> when that mirror is back up, we'll uncomment it.

I wouldn't hold your breath. My former employer (got to update my sig)
is now essentially nonexistent, staff have been relocated, at least at
lancs.ac.uk, and it's been 'taken over' (with unknown meaning) by
another outfit. It's anyone's guess if they'll keep any specific
mirrors.

Bloody stupid on the part of the JISC if you ask me, but then, who am I
to comment?

*mutters darkly about poor treatment of casual staff*

I'm surprised that the remains of the Lancaster part of the mirror.ac.uk
service didn't contact you guys, when I left that was in the plan
(contact the maintainers of all source sites), but I guess it failed for
some reason.

If you want any more specific info, I'm happy to comment privately, and
not officially as any sort of representative of my former employers.

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths