[PROPOSAL] TWiki and mirroring

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 2 17:50:50 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 16:43 -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> On Monday 02 August 2004 15:34, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 15:28 -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > No problem, I'll work on setting up the test mirror.
>
> Good, let me know when your server is ready to receive rsync pushes, and what
> rsync command should be run to push the changes (is it possible to ignore
> some dirs, e.g. .svn from being rsync'ed? I'd like to use "svn update"
> instead of the current "svn export" to speed the website update).

Anderson, my server is ready to go.  I've changed my Virtual Hosts
around... http://lfs.jenacon.net which used to mirror test.lfs.org will
now be the mirror for our current web, and http://twiki.jenacon.net will
mirror test.lfs.org. The DNS has to propagate for twiki.jenacon.net, so
it should be live in a day or two.

This command should work nicely, synching only files that have changed
and excluding any .svn directories (it's all one line, ignore the word
wrap):

rsync -aq --exclude=".svn" '/home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org'
jenacon.net::lfs

Obviously you could replace the local dir and the server. The 'lfs' part
of the server address means the directory & options specified by 'lfs'
in the rsync.conf file on the mirror.  We'd probably want to make that
the same for each mirror, if possible.  You could also change the option
--exclude=".svn" to --exclude-from=FILE where FILE is a file that
contains a list of items to exclude.

So, I've already done the first sync with http://lfs.jenacon.net - check
it out. ;)

--