[PROPOSAL] TWiki and mirroring

lfs at ds80-237-204-39.dedicated.hosteurope.de lfs at ds80-237-204-39.dedicated.hosteurope.de
Mon Aug 2 13:31:16 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 04:34:53PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Thanks for your support, but see my reply to Jeroen's reply to this message.
> The mirroring of the "edit" script can cause race conditions when two people
> try to edit the same page at the same time on different mirrors.

I see.  Yes, that could be a problem.  Especially when multiple mirrors
have multiple users trying to edit something.  Not good.

> We still need to do some research regarding how troublesome can be to setup
> HTTPS authentication (the "tunelling" will be probably done, though). Do you
> have some knowledge on SSL authentication that you might want to share with
> us? :)

Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge in this area.  But I would be
willing to also do some research to help figure it out.

--
Justin R. Knierim
lfs at jrknierim dot de