[i18n] Requirements for translations

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 29 19:26:49 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 23:20, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > IMHO, many of the localization issues, except create the proper locale in
> > Glibc and load the needed keymap and console font, should be adressed in
> > BLFS adding our own page to the postlfs section.

Agreed.

> Jeroen, could you please set up a vote on this subject:
>
> Does setting LC_ALL belong to LFS or BLFS?
>
> and provide us with the URL?

Done: http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/LcAllPoll

You need to register a Wiki account to vote:
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration

PS: I don't think we should set LC_ALL at all (except during the LFS build).
AFAIK, LC_ALL was designed to do quick changes on all LC_* variables (eg. to
run a sane "diff" command to create a patch), and when unsetting it, you get
your old environment values. This is what I have on my .bash_profile:

export LC_{CTYPE,MESSAGES}='pt_BR.ISO-8859-1'

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org