[i18n] Requirements for translations

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Wed Apr 28 20:20:56 PDT 2004

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Mié 28 Abr 2004 04:42, Alexander E. Patrakov escribió:
>

>>>But you don't set LC_ALL anywhere.
>

> Yes, but in LFS we need LC_ALL=POSIX in chapter05 and, in chapter06 we make
> all the work like root. For root I see most correct use also "C".
>
> IMHO, many of the localization issues, except create the proper locale in
> Glibc and load the needed keymap and console font, should be adressed in BLFS
> adding our own page to the postlfs section.

Tushar thinks otherwise and I agree with him. But this doesn't free you
from putting the correct LC_ALL in /etc/profile or other page in BLFS.

Jeroen, could you please set up a vote on this subject:

Does setting LC_ALL belong to LFS or BLFS?

and provide us with the URL?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .