TWiki installation ready for testing

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 17 18:02:35 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Our TWiki installation is ready for testing. Visit
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/ and do some TWiking today!

* Register an account at
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration
* Optionally, you can log in anonymously as user TWikiGuest with password
guest
* Learn the basics about TWiki's formatting rules at
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TextFormattingRules

By now, restrict Topic addition/editing to the Sandbox until we setup proper
Webs (a.k.a. sections) for specific projects.

Essentially, this is the default installation + a basic sane setup:
- SmartSessionPlugin for persistent plugins (allowing personalized skins and
"login only once" feature).
- Write permission on TWiki Web granted only for TWikiAdminGroup. This setup
protects against arbitrary modification of important data like the sitewide
TWiki configuration and the default template for new users.

Other features, like a better skin, change notification by e-mail, poll, CVS
changelog etc. will be added soon.

Please report any problems you may find. Suggestions for improvement are
welcome.

Thanks,
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org