Important note about current Wiki installation

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 11 21:24:12 PDT 2004

Hi Jeroen and Wiki maintainers,

As currently setup on wiki.linuxfromscratch.org, PhpWiki allows non-Admin
users to make HTML dumps of the entire Wiki. this can suck the server
resources (including bandwidth availability) as a dump like this produce a
huge zip file sent over network. I tried and when I reached 10 MB of
downloaded data I stopped it.

The fix is simple: edit /home/httpd/wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php and
where it says

if (!defined('ZIPDUMP_AUTH')) define('ZIPDUMP_AUTH', false);

change to

if (!defined('ZIPDUMP_AUTH')) define('ZIPDUMP_AUTH', true);

I can fix it myself, if necessary.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org