[Fwd: Output of fcron job: 'update-website.sh']

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 22 19:18:23 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 19:35, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Is there not a way to set proper permissions when creating files, maybe
> with umask and/or mount options? AFAIK, it's possible to, when creating
> a file, set the proper permissions automatically with these tools.

If you set a directory setgid files created therein will automatically
be chgrp'ed to the group of the directory, but I don't know of a way to
automatically set the group writable bit other than using a umask.

umaks might work, but it affects all files, also ones you create in your
own home dir which might not be desirable.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem