[Fwd: Output of fcron job: 'update-website.sh']

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 22 14:18:58 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 14:54, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> I can't fix permissions I didn't set, obviously, so either the script

Obviously, yes. But if at least the update-website.sh script sets
permissions properly we're half-way home.

Maybe we should dissuade people from making changes to the files
directly and use a wrapper script instead. This script will run the
proper chmod and chgrp commands for you, so this wouldn't happen again.

> should be run as root and change permissions in the script, or we
> educate everybody to properly fix permissios.
> And the patches for BLFS aren't proper now - see
> /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/

Fixed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem