One file for mirrors lists?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 22 13:45:55 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 09/22/03 22:16:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the link speed for the LFS server and I had to edit 6
> index.html files
>
> Can't we simply link them together? They should all be identical
> anyways.

Note the different links in each of them - LFS has links to
lfs/news.html, BLFS to blfs/news.html etc. They also have different top
links although this could be handled with the templates. So linking them
together is out of the question IMHO. It should be possible to script
the creation of them though. I'll pass this on to Anderson, whom already
has a full todo list but who is much, much more qualified then me :-)

In the mean time, I use Bluefish which has multiple file search &
replace (I'm too stupid to learn sed & friends). Couldn't live without
it while editing the site...

FAQ and Website Maintainer