nALFS on the ALFS home page

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 21 14:16:52 PDT 2003

Hi James Robertson. You said the following on 09/21/03 22:54:
> On the left side bar:
>
> * Pull all the implementations off the list.  Replace with a "Other
> Implementations" link that describes the other tools available and
> includes links to home pages and such.
>
> * Change the "What is..." page to discuss the general nature of the ALFS
> project, but then go into a little more detail on nALFS's implementation
> and why it is the "official" one the LSB and LFS projects use.

I'll have you write that :-)

> * Add a roadmap link to the wiki page for it.  This goes with my other
> post about getting the wiki integrated more..

Have a link for that already?

> We have a syntax doc that I want to get posted.  I need to get that
> setup on the server first with render scripts like what we have for the
> two books.

Okay seems fine to. How about this:

Project:
     * ALFS News
     * What is Automated Linux From Scratch?
     * What is LSB? (some info about LSB, relationship with LFS/ALFS,
links to their pages etc.)
     * Roadmap
     * DTD
     * Read:
	o User guide
	o QA guide (maybe combine with userguide?)
	o LSB guide (how to build the LSB SI)
	o Other implementations (short description + link to them)
     * Download:
	o Stable (www/alfs/downloads/stable)
         o Development (CVS) (www/alfs/downloads/cvs)
	o LSB implementation (www/alfs/downloads/lsb)

There are some unwritten docs here, which can be made as we go. I
suggest we work out the changes needed for the menu and I'll implement
it. The pages can be filled in over time. Good plan?

FAQ and Website Maintainer