nALFS on the ALFS home page

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 21 00:54:38 PDT 2003

Hi James Robertson. You said the following on 09/21/03 03:11:
> Hi All,
>
> With the "status" change of nALFS being the LSB and LFS's standard
> testing tool, I wanted to give it some more prominence on the ALFS
> project home page.  I still want to provide links to the other
> implementations, but just to provide more news and links specifically
> for nALFS.
>
> Thoughts on this?  Will we make others mad?  My thoughts are that those
> other implementations are fine and are probably quite usefull.  It is
> just that we are writing docs, producing a roadmap, working on bugs, etc
> that should have presence on the website specially tagged as nALFS.
>
> There are also some errors on the site.  Can I go ahead and fix those?

I think we should discuss some changes for the ALFS page. Seeing that
nALFS is now becoming the "official" ALFS, we should display it more
prominently like you said. I think we can put all implementations on one
page so it doesn't clutter the menu and take away the focus of nALFS.
What other pages do you want to add? A roadmap? Users guide? QA guide?
Send the docs to me (or point me to a link) and I'll add them.
Also, feel free to fix any errors you see. Don't be afraid to screw up,
we have version control so we can revert to a working base.

> Thanks
> James

FAQ and Website Maintainer