Images and CSS generating a lot of bandwidth

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 19 16:29:48 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 09/19/03 23:31:

> So, I'm wondering if the images and stylesheets can't be shrunk in size?

The stylesheet is already optimized for size - I can shave a couple of
bytes off but nothing that will gain you much. Using long lines (no
wrapping) already shrunk the size, removing the comments will gain .2kb
(I just tried); which hardly seems worth removing since it's valuable
information for maintainence.

I've CC'ed Craig, maybe he knows some way to optimize the images, though
I don't have much hope here either (maybe a couple of kb's without
degrading the quality a lot?)

FAQ and Website Maintainer