Denying access to the .mbox files

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 18 16:43:18 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 15:43, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
Update on the issue:

You can no longer download .mbox files - apache will give you a 403
error (access denied).

>From the list archive page, ie
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/mailman-test/
you can download a nightly generated .bz2 file of the archives. You can
no longer download individual months. I might reinstate this in form of
nightly .bz2 files too, but it seems counter-productive if the dowload
and view versions are out of sync. We'll see if people start asking for
them.

Other lists' archive pages are not updated yet. The index.html files
will be regenerated when a new message is posted, so this'll flush out
soon enough (the alternative is forcefully regenerating the entire
mailinglist archive which takes hours to complete, so I'm not starting
that).

If you see anything weird, let me know. The bugs are probably not
totally worked out. This is a quickly implemented measure to try and
slow down our total upload bandwidth.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org