LFS-5.0-PRE1 -- how are we going to deal with this on the website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 17 10:22:20 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 09/17/03 19:04:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 10:49, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>logical place. You only have to adjust update-website.sh and you'll have
>>to create an archive in www/lfs/downloads/test/
>
> What needs to be adjusted? We'd better get it adjusted then before it
> gets run by cron in a few hours.

Never mind, I created lfs/{downloads,view}/test, you only have to
populate those dirs with the appropriate files. No adjustments to
update-website.sh are required.

>>You can also create a viewable book in www/lfs/view/test allthough I
>>don't have a link in the menu - we can put that link in the announcement.
>
> If there is a download link, there should be a read link too.

Well, currently the "view/{stable,cvs}" links are embedded in cvs.html
and stable.html. I suspect most people just bookmarked the view/ links
(as was my intention). I don't like the idea of a temporary link to
view/test in the read menu for consistency with the
view/{stable.html,cvs.html}; a link in the announcemnt (which is sticky
until final release) should be enough.

FAQ and Website Maintainer