LFS-5.0-PRE1 -- how are we going to deal with this on the website

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 17 09:24:45 PDT 2003

We need to add links to lfs-5.0-pre1 can be downloaded. It's not a
stable one, not a CVS one either, so a third download/read option will
have to appear. Maybe a category that's more generic than lfs-5.0-pre1,
or maybe not.

I'd like to release 5.0-pre1 tonight after dinner time (about 8 hours
from now). I can make whatever changes are needed when I'm ready for it,
just let me know how to make them. This should give you guys enough time
to figure out the menu and where to fit it in.

Something else to consider: of course the release will go in the LFS
News section. But what happens, just theoretically, if a lot of other
news happens to come up? The pre1 announcement might get lost. Maybe we
can change the policy slightly and keep a release announcement as the
top item and just put other news underneath it. This way people will
always be able to tell what the latest release actually is (since the
menu no longer shows the version number). Even if the release took place
a few months ago, it's still good to keep it on top.

Does this sound good? Bad?

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org