Download of the full archive mailbox does not work

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 17 08:12:19 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 18:10, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 09/17/03 01:04:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to download the ALFS-discuss full archive at
> > http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/alfs-discuss/, but it returns a
> > 404. Is this feature (automatic generation of mailbox archives)
> > enabled?
>
> Gerard fiddled with the mbox archives to make them bzip2. Perhaps you
> just tried to download while the archives were being recreated? Anyway,
> I've CC'ed server-admin so they should be aware of the issue now.

Gerard tried is more like it. I couldn't make Mailman listen to the
files I updated. There is some other file it uses to constrcut the
index.html files and I can't find it.

The reason for alfs-discuss.mbox to not work was a permission problem.
The file had mode 600 for some reason. I just changed it to 644 so you
can download it.

Btw, you were returend error 403, not 404. 404 means it doesn't exist.
403 means access forbidden (ie permission problem).

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org