One question before upgrading my hints

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 09:53:53 PDT 2003

Csaba Henk wrote:

>OK, but what will be the naming scheme? IIRC, the final decision was to
>collect the attachments of a hint in a tarball (what kind of tarball?
>gzipped? bzipped?). So if I submit a hint named
>foo, am I to speak about
>
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/attachments/foo_attachments.tar.bz2
>
>? Or?...
>
>(Sorry if this should be evident at this stage, but I didn't find info on
>it.)

For hint named foo.txt, the tarball would be either foo.tar.bz2 or
foo.tar.gz or foo.tar.Z or foo.tar and it should untar into a directory
named foo/.

Currently, I have the following in the Submission guidelines:

    For all attachments for the hint, create a tarball that will untar
    into a directory that has the same name as the name of your hint
    (without the .txt extension).

Jeroen (ccing website), can you change it to:

    For all attachments for the hint, created a tarball with the same
    name as your hint and that will untar into a directory that has the
    same name as the name of your hint (without the .txt extension). For
    example, if your hint is foo.txt, then the tarball would be named
    foo.tar.bz2 (replace compression extension by the one that you use)
    and it would untar into foo directory.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org