Home for editor's manuals and other such supporting docos

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 9 14:53:06 PDT 2003

Hi James Robertson. You said the following on 09/09/03 23:07:
>> I think the Editor's guide and the Wiki should be shared by LFS and
>> BLFS, allthough each has their own flavour. So please use BLFS's
>> editors guide and try to make it a generic one; perhaps with BLFS/LFS
>> specific chapters.
>>
>> For initial writing of the docs, it's probably best to use the Wiki.
>> Once they have stabilized, push them to me for inclusion on the
>> website. Things like a roadmap don't change until a release so don't
>> need to be dynamically generated. The editors guide should probably be
>> in the same XML as LFS/BLFS.
>>
> I like this.  You are right that my other scenario came almost straight
> from mozilla.  When ever you are ready, I am too.

> I can also keep a static version of the current roadmap on the main
> website - out of the wiki and then let roadmap discussion go in the
> wiki.  So I see two roadmap links - one for the current set and one for
> development.

Ok, but I don't want to convulate the menu: I'll convert the current
roadmap and add a link (discuss this roadmap) to the wiki in that page.

> Whenever you figure out where you want the LFS editors guide to go (the
> one that is hosted on G's home dir), let me know.  I can move it (you
> can move) or whatever.  Right now, I am just looking for the location
> URI to put into another doc.

First of all: will there be one general Editors guide or do we keep a
split BLFS and LFS editors guide? Like I said, it would probably be
easiest if we combine the two since there's a lot of overlap. So let's
first concentrate on getting a first draft which I can link to, then I
can adjust the menu.

FAQ and Website Maintainer