Home for editor's manuals and other such supporting docos

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 9 10:06:34 PDT 2003

Hi James Robertson. You said the following on 09/09/03 16:41:
> Actually, I thought of something else that goes with this.  We probably
> need a development area on the site dedicated to this type of stuff.  I
> proposed something in lfs-dev a little bit ago:
>
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003-August/036547.html

I agree that there should be a development area on the website. But I'd
rather integrate a developers' section in the current framework then
build a new structure like your proposal above. The current structure is
  well-thought out based on the current practice and needs, while your
proposed structure is IMHO a bit too much inspired by Mozilla's
organizational structure and too LFS-centric.
Consider the following alternative:

Project:
     * LFS News
     * What is Linux From Scratch?
     * Report a bug
     * Download:
           o Book Releases
           o Current stable
           o Current CVS
           o Packages
     * Read:
           o Printed book
           o Stable and translation
           o Development (CVS)
     * Develop:
           o Roadmap
           o Editors guide
           o Developers Wiki

I think the Editor's guide and the Wiki should be shared by LFS and
BLFS, allthough each has their own flavour. So please use BLFS's editors
guide and try to make it a generic one; perhaps with BLFS/LFS specific
chapters.

For initial writing of the docs, it's probably best to use the Wiki.
Once they have stabilized, push them to me for inclusion on the website.
Things like a roadmap don't change until a release so don't need to be
dynamically generated. The editors guide should probably be in the same
XML as LFS/BLFS.

FAQ and Website Maintainer