Hints WWW Patch

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 6 10:04:07 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 09/06/03 17:59:
>
>> Oh! So there will be nothing under the subdomains anymore? If so I
>> would need to revise the export-patches script to export the cvs
>> repository to  a different directory.
>

> Subdomains will be empty from a surfer's point-of-view. But it may be
> easier permission-wise to keep doing everything under patches & hints
> for you and I'll just link it from there. Just notify me if I need to
> adjust my links then :)
> (I just changed permissions so you should be able to write to them again)

Nah, that's ok. I can write out everything under
www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches and www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints to
keep everything coherent.

>> Did you like my idea of making the DocumentRoot of
>> patches.linuxfromscratch.org as
>> <~httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches> instead of
>> <~httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org>?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean?

Currently the /etc/httpd/httpd.conf has
<VirtualHost patches.linuxfromscratch.org>
    ServerName patches.linuxfromscratch.org
    ServerAdmin server-admin at linuxfromscratch.org
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org-error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org-access.log
combined
    <Directory /home/httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org>
        Options IncludesNOEXEC Indexes FollowSymlinks
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

If Gerard changes the DocumentRoot to
/home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches then the same contents can