Hints WWW Patch

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 6 09:17:57 PDT 2003

Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 09/06/03 17:59:
>> - you can use hints.lfs.org if you prefer but I will link it on
>> www.lfs.org because the former is redirected to the latter (the
>> subdomain issue, remember?)
>

> Oh! So there will be nothing under the subdomains anymore? If so I would
> need to revise the export-patches script to export the cvs repository
> to  a different directory.

Subdomains will be empty from a surfer's point-of-view. But it may be
easier permission-wise to keep doing everything under patches & hints
for you and I'll just link it from there. Just notify me if I need to
adjust my links then :)
(I just changed permissions so you should be able to write to them again)

> Did you like my idea of making the DocumentRoot of
> patches.linuxfromscratch.org as
> <~httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches> instead of
> <~httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org>?

I'm not sure what you mean?

>> - Is it necessary to change the location of all hints again? I'm gonna
>> keep it on lfs.org/hints/files/ and add
>> lfs.org/hints/files/attachments/  instead. I don't want people to
>> revise their bookmarks again and this scheme also makes the creation
>> of the hints tarball easier - I strongly recommend you keep that one,
>> btw., I found it invaluable when I started with LFS and the hints.
>

> Since the current hints will be moved and replaced by hints in new
> format as and when they are submitted. Current bookmarks won't work
> anyways.

Okay it's your responsibility so I'll change it again tomorrow :)
(I just cvs ci'ed the above change)

FAQ and Website Maintainer