Hints WWW Patch

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 6 08:59:06 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 09/06/03 07:17:
>
>>    Project
>>
>>        News (news.html)
>>        Overview (whatarehints.html)
>>        Submission Guidelines (submit.html)
>>        Adopt a Hint (adoptahint.html)
>>        Read Hints (list.html)
>>
>>    Downloads
>>
>>        Attachments (hints.lfs.org/downloads/attachments)
>>        Individual Hints (hints.lfs.org/downloads/files) -> Read Hints
>>        will finally link here.
>

> Two comments on this:
>
> - you can use hints.lfs.org if you prefer but I will link it on
> www.lfs.org because the former is redirected to the latter (the
> subdomain issue, remember?)

Oh! So there will be nothing under the subdomains anymore? If so I would
need to revise the export-patches script to export the cvs repository
to  a different directory.

Did you like my idea of making the DocumentRoot of
patches.linuxfromscratch.org as
<~httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches> instead of
<~httpd/patches.linuxfromscratch.org>?

> - Is it necessary to change the location of all hints again? I'm gonna
> keep it on lfs.org/hints/files/ and add
> lfs.org/hints/files/attachments/  instead. I don't want people to
> revise their bookmarks again and this scheme also makes the creation
> of the hints tarball easier - I strongly recommend you keep that one,
> btw., I found it invaluable when I started with LFS and the hints.

Since the current hints will be moved and replaced by hints in new
format as and when they are submitted. Current bookmarks won't work anyways.

>> Also, every nite (or whenever the website is updated) I would like to
>> do an export of a CVS repository to hints.lfs.org/downloads/files/
>> and once that is done a script goes thru all the hint files and
>> generates a list.html (format mentioned below). Can you put this on
>> the 2Do List?
>
> Sure thing, I've added it to website.html#todo and commented out the
> complete list in list.html.

Cool:)

--
Tushar Teredesai