Link to CVS book snapshot is broken

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 6 07:25:23 PDT 2003

Hi Andrew Fyfe. You said the following on 09/06/03 16:01:
> The link on /lfs/cvs.html for the CVS snapshot points to /lfs/view/cvs/
> (dated 20030603), but the latest version is being stored in /view/cvs/.
> I guess the script to generate the book hasn't been updated.

I just checked http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/cvs/ and
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/ and they both work. The first
one is the link in cvs.html, which is the most "correct" one, since the
latter is a compatibility symlink.
Also the CVS version which I saw was 20030904 which leads me to believe
you were watching either your browsers' cache or a mirror which hasn't
been updated yet. Can you verify please?

> Also can the LFS website start generating downloadable copies of the CVS
> book again? Because Ken Moffat no longer makes them available at
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zarniwhoop/ as /lfs/cvs.html suggests.

I'm fine with that allthough the server administrators (CC'ed) will have
to make the necessary changes.

FAQ and Website Maintainer