Autogenerated news ids

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 5 00:34:36 PDT 2003

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 09/05/03 05:10:
> Hi,
>
> I've found a way to automatically create the news id from the title
> (very similar to what you currently do). The only problem (well, not
> really a problem, from my point of view) is with very long titles, like
> "Let's come right out - who wants in, who wants out". It becomes
> "letscomerightoutwhowantsinwhowantsout". If you don't mind this issue
> and you are interested on automatic ids, I can implement this on
> manage_news.pl.

Yes, I would be interested, makes news archiving a tad easier. I
allready name the id after the title, so go ahead :)

(but please make sure that you don't break lfs2rss.pl anymore; Rob
promised to fix it in the weekend but I don't want to force him to
maintain it if he doesn't want to)
Thanks,

FAQ: linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)
Website: linuxfromscratch.org (website at linuxfromscratch.org)