Autogenerated news ids

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 4 20:10:10 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've found a way to automatically create the news id from the title
(very similar to what you currently do). The only problem (well, not
really a problem, from my point of view) is with very long titles, like
"Let's come right out - who wants in, who wants out". It becomes
"letscomerightoutwhowantsinwhowantsout". If you don't mind this issue
and you are interested on automatic ids, I can implement this on
manage_news.pl.