Patches to Patches website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 4 09:10:56 PDT 2003

Hi Jeroen Coumans. You said the following on 09/04/03 09:59:
> Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 09/04/03 05:39:
>
>> I don't think there is any needs for patches for the CVS version of
>> the book since it is only used by developers. I am planning on asking
>> the hint authors to submit a tarball of all the items that would be
>> needed so that users can directly download it along with the hint.
>>
>> I think the following looks appropriate
>>
>>    * patches.lfs.org/blfs/{1.1,...} -> Patches for released versions of
>>      LFS Books.
>>    * patches.lfs.org/lfs/{5.0,...} -> Patches for released versions of
>>      BLFS Books.
>

> OK that's fine, I'll implement it tonight.

On second thought - this is causing a fragmentation for users which I
don't like. I've allready created a page which explains how and what a
user should download; I'm going to add the above links to those pages
({b}lfs/packages.html). This is much more logical then the menu changes
we've discussed.
I'm going to overrule you on this one (heh, "you'll have to pry the site
out of my cold, dead fingers before I'm going to mess up the navigation"
;-) )

Re, the CVS version patches: it might be nice to create this directory
in the same way as above and give write access to book editors. They can
then add symlinks to patches in that dir; this is both convenient to
editors, developers and test users. Your choice of course ;)

FAQ: linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)
Website: linuxfromscratch.org (website at linuxfromscratch.org)