Patches to Patches website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 4 00:59:38 PDT 2003

Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 09/04/03 05:39:
> I don't think there is any needs for patches for the CVS version of the
> book since it is only used by developers. I am planning on asking the
> hint authors to submit a tarball of all the items that would be needed
> so that users can directly download it along with the hint.
>
> I think the following looks appropriate
>
>    * patches.lfs.org/blfs/{1.1,...} -> Patches for released versions of
>      LFS Books.
>    * patches.lfs.org/lfs/{5.0,...} -> Patches for released versions of
>      BLFS Books.

OK that's fine, I'll implement it tonight.

>    * patches.lfs.org/downloads -> All patches.

I assume you keep the same directory structure as you have now? It's
currently giving me 404 so feel free to create this, else I'll have to
change the download location on the website.

> Also, patches.lfs.org needs to point to the main mirror page as done for
> the other lfs family sites. The current patches.linuxfromscratch.org
> contents can be removed since all patches are in CVS.

I'll need to make some changes on the server; currently the patches
aren't mirrored.

> Also, in my personal bin directory is a script to export the cvs archive
> for patches to patches.lfs.org/downloads (shamelessly copied from the
> hints update script). This needs to be run every nite along with the
> other nightly cron jobs.

Ok no problem, just send it to me and I'll make sure it is run (or
integrated into the main update-site script).

> BTW, the Site Map structure is out of date.

You mean WRT the hints? I've just updated it :)

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)