Patches to Patches website

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 3 01:47:44 PDT 2003

Hi Tushar Teredesai. You said the following on 09/03/03 08:08:
> Attached:)
>
> In addition, a directory "download" will have to be created under
> patches.linuxfromscratch.org where the patches will be downloaded from
> CVS at regular intervals.
>
> In addition, could a link be created in the "Download" link in the left
> column to point to <http://patches.linuxfromscratch.org/downloads/>?

I've divided (or abstracted) navigation in Project-specific and General
navigation (#projectnav and #generalnav), resp. left and right column.
For long pages I've added Page-specific navigation (#pagenav).
In which Project-specific navigation menu do you want a link to the
patches? I'm not sure if it's appropriate, since "official" patches will
be hosted on downloads.lfs.org. Or is the patches.lfs.org/download meant
to replace that as a central location for patches? Please elaborate :)

Also, if the page gets too big, we could split it up. The download
frontend (table) should probably get it's own page. Allthough that wont
be a worry untill the scripts which create this table have actually
written :)

> Also, while I was modifying the code I noticied that the code for the
> various columns is repeated in multiple places. IMO, it would be more
> efficient to create seperated files and use server side includes.
> Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Yes, and PHP too. It has not been discussed, and the only reason I
didn't use them is because I've never used them and I can't test them
locally (unless I install apache & friends of course). Multi-file
editing with search and replace can do what SSI do too so I've never
bothered. I'm not opposed to the idea but ATM it's more work for me then
my current method.

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)