Some website bug reports

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 2 13:24:37 PDT 2003

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 09/02/03 22:00:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sending my latest round of website bug reports. Here they are:
>
> * http://bugzilla-test.linuxfromscratch.org/ and
>
> Many subpages don't validate through XHMTL.

Yes and they're a major PITA to get them validated. For example, I still
haven't found where Bugzilla sets input property 'selected' and similar
items (should be changed to 'selected="selected"'). I have to go through
each template, remove non-valid markup and keep the forms working.
Mailman is a bit easier so I'm gonna concentrate on that.
BTW these customised Bugzilla and Mailman templates won't be used for
the main site until they're properly converted.

> * http://bugzilla-test.linuxfromscratch.org/query.cgi,
> http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/#todo
>
> The DIV boxes are too wide and overflow the white background. I think
> this problem only occurs with resolutions <= 800x600.

That's a general problem with tables which contain non-wrappable content
such as links. I don't mind if they overlap as long as it doesn't happen
in resolutions < 800x600.

FAQ: http://linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ (faq at linuxfromscratch.org)