[Fwd: Output of fcron job: 'update-website.sh']

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 27 08:58:11 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 09:40, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> > ln: `./view': File exists
> > ln: `./favicon.ico': File exists
>
> These shouldn't exist; something went wrong last time which caused the
> script not to replace the old pages.
>
> > chmod: changing permissions of `/home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org//alfs/downloads/cvs/nALFS-CVS.tar.bz2': Operation not permitted
>
> This seems to be the cause; why hasn't *fixperm.sh* fixed this??
> According to fcrontab it should run every 15 minutes Anyway, I can't

Hm, right now that file has mode 660. Maybe a race condition, will keep
an eye out.

> Also, Gerard; did you replace update-website.sh with
> run-update-website.sh already? It's getting a bit boring to do this
> manually each time...

Uhm, I have missed that message about needing to replace the script.

I just drop /home/jeroen/run-update-website.sh to /usr/bin and rename it
to 'update-website.sh' or keep the name and change the name in fcrontab?

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org