[Fwd: Output of fcron job: 'update-website.sh']

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 27 08:40:14 PST 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 11/27/03 17:06:
> [...]

This is becoming a regular thing...

> tar: Removing leading `/' from member names

How can tar say this when it has P specified as option?
(tar cPf website-backup.tar $TARGETDIR && rm -rf $TARGETDIR). Well, I
added a redirect to /dev/null.

> ln: `./view': File exists
> ln: `./favicon.ico': File exists

These shouldn't exist; something went wrong last time which caused the
script not to replace the old pages.

> chmod: changing permissions of `/home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org//alfs/downloads/cvs/nALFS-CVS.tar.bz2': Operation not permitted

This seems to be the cause; why hasn't *fixperm.sh* fixed this??
According to fcrontab it should run every 15 minutes Anyway, I can't
really fix this because I don't have permissions to remove this file
either. The update-website.sh script won't update the site if
permissions are wrong.

Also, Gerard; did you replace update-website.sh with
run-update-website.sh already? It's getting a bit boring to do this
manually each time...
Thanks,

FAQ and Website Maintainer